I wanted to let everyone know that we now have the Stellar MLS Data Input Forms available in our Appfiles library.
Just search “stellar” and they all pop up. Pick the correct one and fill it out. Have your Seller sign the form, add your signature and– just write “Joe Vorwerk” for the broker signature. — Also have you & your Seller sign the Listing Agreement. Both documents are required for the Brokerage & Stellar MLS. You are now ready to input the data into the MLS.
Please also keep in mind that you must have at least ONE FRONT PHOTO to activate the listing. No signs or vehicles in photo.
Be sure to check the Agent Portal https://sellstateportal.com for information about Stellar MLS News.
I will try to keep information updated here for your convenience.
A. The paperclip I believe you are referring to is for the attachments for the listing. Such as Sellers Disclosure Lead Base Paint Disclosure, etc., There are no rules regarding uploading a brochure as an attachment, and yes it can be branded. (STELLAR MLS REPLY)
STELLAR MLS UPDATES ON CERTAIN WORDS THAT “CANNOT” BE USED IN PUBLIC REMARKS
- Stellar requires the Brokerage to be notified within (2) days of a fully signed Contract so that our system is updated.
- Stellar requires the Brokerage to be notified within the day the Listing goes active and there is a fully signed Listing Agreement & the Stellar Data Entry (input) form is on the Brokerage file so that our system & the MLS is updated.
- the following are phrases of words that cannot be used in Public Remarks:
- you cannot say “retirees or section”; newest individuals to their area is okay.
- you cannot say “children or kids”; little ones is okay.
- you cannot say “master”; but primary or main bedroom is okay.
- you cannot say “prestigious or desirable”; but nice or quiet, or highly sought after is okay.
- you cannot say “sophisticated “, but you can say fabulous home.
- you cannot say “people”; but individuals is okay.
- **Note: you cannot use words of color in the description; they must be abbreviated.
- such as white fence & wht cabinets = wht — black door = blk door & windows
- colored cabinets = different shades of cabinets are your choice
HERE IS YOUR STELLAR APPROVED “SHORTCUT” FOR REPLACING THE STELLAR DATA INPUT FORM THAT IS REQUIRED ON (ALL) NEW LISTING – please print and save a copy
———–0————–0——————0——————–Article 4-5 - listing content rules
WHEN TO TASK THE STAFF
11-9-2020: Update on the Start & List Date on Stellar Data Entry Input Forms
- Your start date and list date must match on the Stellar data entry input forms when you make the listing active
- Your start date must match on your Listing Agreement to the actual start date you make it active
Effective August 1st, 2020 – Stellar MLS will be Implementing Fines
Reliable and complete listing data is critical to your real estate business, and that’s why Stellar MLS stands behind 100% listing compliance. Ensuring our customers can rely on MLS data for success is our commitment to you!
MLS Compliance Guidelines & Enforcement
As a courtesy to OMCAR customers, during the transition period from Flex MLS to Stellar MLS, we have been sending listing violation warning notices as needed. These notices advise customers of a violation on their MLS listing and request that the information in question either be removed or corrected. Stellar MLS has not been enforcing applicable fines to certain violations during the transition period.
- On August 1, 2020, Stellar MLS will begin enforcing fines related to listing violations as applicable per the Stellar MLS Rules and Regulations. Here are some important things you need to know about listing compliance and listing violation fines:
- Immediate Fines
There are certain listing violations that will result in an immediate fine. We encourage all customers to review the rules and regulations to understand which violations are in the immediate fine tier and how to avoid these errors when inputting your listing data.
- Warning Notices
Other listing violations will generate a minimum of two warning notices to the agent and/or broker via email before a fine is issued.
Helpful Links and Resources
- Avoid the most common MLS compliance violations, review and download our guide HERE.
- Review Fines and Violations FAQs HERE.
- Review Stellar MLS Rules and Regulations Compliance Fine Schedule HERE. You may also download the Fine Details spreadsheet HERE.
- Take (or re-take) the online MLS Compliance 101 training HERE.
- Have a listing compliance question? Email the Data Integrity Department at Compliance@stellarmls.com or call 800-686-7451, option 3.
Thank you for playing your part in ensuring accurate and complete listing data for the benefit of all. Visit stellarmls.com/products for more information about your Stellar MLS customer benefits.
Administration & Compliance Departments
STELLAR MLS Administration
- For help with: Listing and account information
- Note: All listing corrections must be submitted in writing to Admin@stellarmls.com (listing corrections may require follow-up documentation)
- Toll Free: (800) 686-7451
- Local: (407) 960-5300
- Email: Admin@stellarmls.com
- Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- For help with: Compliance notifications, rules and regulations
- Toll Free: (800) 686-7451
- Local: (407) 960-5300
- Email: Compliance@stellarmls.com
- Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Rules & Regulations: Click here to review the MLS or MFCRE rules and regulations.
EFFECTIVE 3-3-2020 (per Stellar) REGARDING OWNER EXCLUSTIONS
Here is some clarification from the Stellar compliance department in regards to some of the policies and procedures regarding new listings. We wanted to pass this around.
- Effective 3/3/20 listings can no longer be advertised in any platform unless the property is listed in MLS within 24 hours (even with a signed exclusion form — discussed in #2 below).
- You have 5 Business days from the time a listing agreement is signed to make it active in MLS. Otherwise, an MLS owner’s exclusion form is required (temporary or permanent) and must be uploaded to the Stellar portal within five days of the listing agreement being signed. Make sure to have all areas initialed and signed or the form will be rejected.
3. The MLS input form (13 page document) does not have to be completed and signed IF the following is done instead:
–Upon entering the listing into Stellar/Matrix, save it as “incomplete.”
–Once you have everything input correctly and are ready to publish, select the “owner’s authorization display” which will populate a field for the owner to sign off on the MLS listing.
–Either print the owner’s authorization display form and have them sign or upload into app files and send for an electronic signatures.
-Once they have signed off on the “incomplete” listing, you can make it active. This will eliminate the need to enter everything into the input form and then again into MLS.
–REMINDER – owner authorization signature is required prior to making the listing active and must be uploaded to the Owner Exclusion section in Stellar.
4. When entering a listing into Stellar, the “contract date” in the system will also be the date it is intended to be active in MLS — not the date your listing agreement has been signed. All listings should become active in MLS at 0 DOM.
2.20.2020–REGARDING FSBO, NEW CONSTRUCTIONS, LISTINGS WITH NO MLS NUMBER
***SDEO Listings*** – this is used if you are working with a FSBO & you want credit
- Sold Data/For Entry Only listings (SDEO) are transactions where the Stellar MLS subscriber brought a buyer to a property not listed in the MLS (such as a For Sale by Owner, New Construction, listing with an Owner Waiver or property outside of Stellar MLS’s service area).
- Agents often take buyers to properties not listed in the MLS. These agents (and their brokers) still want credit for that listing on the MLS Market Reports. These transactions are also important for MLS statistics and for agents searching for comparable sales when valuing properties.
- In the past, there was an option under the Listing Service Type field to indicate a listing was Sold Data/For Entry Only, but this had several limitations.
- There are now new input forms for SDEO listings. These have a reduced number of required fields striping out the details of the transaction and requiring information about the property.
- These listings will go directly to Sold. The listing Agent will always be marked as “Non-Stellar MLS” agent.
**Sold Data For Entry Only. These entries are optional; however, Participants must adhere to the following guidelines.
- i. The listing cannot be uploaded until the transaction has closed.
- ii. Sales must be loaded within 30 daysof the closing date.
**iii. Must upload one front exterior photo.
Step 1: Stellar MLS
Step 2: Add/ Edit
Step 3: Add new (at Input Listings screen)
Step 4: Choose 1 of the 5 options for SDEO
**Once entered, please contact the Stellar Admin department, admin@StellarMLS.com with the following information:
- The MLS Number and Address
- Listing Agent Name & ID and/or Selling Agent Name & ID
***2-5-2020—-SPECIAL NEWS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY***
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN THOUGH AGENTS CAN MAKE THEIR LISTINGS ACTIVE, THE STAFF MUST BE TASKED AS USUAL TO REVIEW THE LISTING AGRMT & THE STELLAR MLS INPUT FORM – MUST BE FULLY SIGNED
SEE THE FOLLOWING– Always task the staff for the below:
- Always fill out the Agent Tracker form completely – first
- Reviewing Listing Agreements and Activating Listings within 2 days of signing the listing agrmt & stellar data input forms- task the staff to review & update the appfile
- Reviewing and Pending the Appfile / Client account once you have an executed Contract within 2 days – excluding weekends & federal holidays for the MLS – task the staff to review & pend in Stellar MLS
- Failure to change to pending in the MLS will result in fine violations with Stellar MLS and will be the agent’s responsibility to pay these fines (see stellar rules & regs, article 11.4)
- It is the agent’s responsibility to notify the staff to review the following documents to make changes in the MLS within two days of signing: Listing Agreements, Stellar Input Data forms, Executed Contracts, Price & Expiration Changes, Closing Extensions, Withdrawals or Cancellations, etc
- If the pending property changes it closing date – you will need to task the staff to update this in the MLS within 2 days of receiving a fully signed Extension Addendum
- Agents cannot hold information about a “pending contract” until receiving the escrow, Stellar only allows 2 days to change the listing to pending or the agent will receive a fine
- Processing HUD/Checks will be still the same way however the Agent may be requested to close the listing out in Stellar MLS – there is only a (4) day window stellar allows
- Sold properties must be changed in the MLS within 2 business days (excluding weekends & federal holidays)
- Note that Stellar does do audits of your files to make sure you are in Compliance in the State of Florida
****CLICK ON “STELLAR RULES & REGS” FOR ALL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO HOW TO FOLLOW THE RULES IN STELLAR MLS — REVIEW THE FINE SECTION UNDER “ARTICLE 11.4: PENALTIES FOR INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE DATA — THIS SECTION IS VERY IMPORTANT if you do not want a fine violation***
WHERE TO FIND YOUR DOCUMENTS ON STELLAR MLS
1.Log into StellarMLS
2. Go into Matrix – Look on the right side of your screen to find links
Look in this area for listing documents- EXTERNAL LINKS
Click on these to see what forms you need to download and save to your Laptop
LISTING EXCLUSION FORM, LISTING FORMS, STELLAR MLS RULES & REGS
PLEASE LOG INTO STELLAR MLS TO TAKE YOUR CLASSES
Go to WWW.OMCAR.com
Click on link to STELLARMLS
- Your NRDS number
- Password is – password1
- Follow the prompts after that
- Once you have signed the contract agrmt with Stellar
- Then answered the 3 security questions
- Create a new “password” you will remember
- You will be able to log into Stellar MLS
You will be taken to a new screen that has several icon programs
- On the bottom of your screen
- you will need to click on “University”
- here is where you will need to take the (3) required classes thru Stellar
2/10/2020–We’ve reached a critical step in the transition process from Flex to Matrix (the Stellar MLS system). Please take a moment to read important information below about upcoming MLS downtime for Flex and Matrix, and your required MLS education options.
Required MLS Training Options – go to the University Icon and complete ALL (3) Classes
As a new OMCAR Stellar MLS customer you are required to complete MLS training within 60 days of having full access to Matrix (Stellar’s MLS system) in order to keep your account active.